VEGAN BROWNIES AND ICE CREAM
HOME MADE VEGAN BROWNIES & ICE CREAM.
Okay guys, I have to share an amazing recipe with you! I honestly never bake, but today I was craving brownies so bad! I don't think I have had brownies or anythink like that in maybe a year or so, and since I have been feeling a little bit sick today (that time of the month, you know..), I really felt like I deserved it! I searched a little bit around to get some inspiration and after a while I came across a recipe were they used chickpeas instead of flour. Yup, that's right - CHICKPEAS! It sounded so weird that I just had to try it, and you know what? It was seriously one of the best brownies I have ever had! Marius even liked it and we couldn't taste the chickpeas at all! So why don't we just get into the recipe?
YOU WILL NEED:
1 tin of chickpeas
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar (any kind will do!)
2 tbsp vanilla essense
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
a pinch of sea salt
as much chocolate chips as you want!
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients besides the chocolate chips and the sea salt in a food processor.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spatchela (use dark if you want it to be vegan).
4. Spred the dough onto a baking paper and sprinkle some sea salt on the top of the cake.
5. Pop it in the oven for about 20-25 min. It will probably look a little bit raw when you take it out, but if you have it in the oven for too long it will become really dry. Just let it cool down a little bit before you eat it and it will be perfect!
.. And that's it! It was such an easy cake to make and it went pretty quick as well! This cake is vegan and glutenfree, which I think is pretty amazing! We ate it together with SoGood Vanilla ice cream (it's vegan) and it was so so good!
Let me know if you try out the recipe!