Sweet & Salty
Hello guys! Today I want to share another healthy vegan recipe with you. I have been obsessed with stir fry lately, so you can guess what kind of recipe I will show you today? Yup, you're right - it's a stir fry recipe! I love stir fry because it's so quick to make, it's tasty and it's super healthy! A lot of people use a lot of oil whenever they make stir fry, which isn't very health, but don't worry - this is an OIL-FREE recipe!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Approximately 6 servings.
4 Medium Carrots
1 Capsicum (green, yellow, red or orange - it's up to you!)
4 Medium Zucchinis
1/2 Sweet Potato
1 Piece of Ginger
1 Box Chickpeas
1 Box Lentils
500g Brown Rice
Sweet Chili Sauce
WHAT TO DO:
1. Put the rice in a boiler and fill it with water. You need to fill it with so much water that there is around 2 cm more water than rice. Let it boil for a few minutes, turn down the heat and put a lid on it. Let the rice soak until its soft, but not too soft.
2. Cut all of the vegetables (besides the sweet potato) and put them in a big stir fry pan. Don't forget to cut some ginger and put in together with the veggies!
3. Pour a dash of soy sauce and a little bit bigger dash of sweet chili sauce over the vegetables and turn on the heat. When you have the sauce in the pan together with the veggies, you won't need any oil! Just remember to stir them. They are probably done after 5-10 min. They shall be tender, not super soft!
4. Cut the sweet potato into squares and put them in a boiler together with water. Cook until tender.
5. Rinse the lenses and the beans with water, then let water drip of.
Voila - you're done!
This recipe is super easy and it fits good for everyday food. I usually make this, eat one serving and divide the rest into lunch boxes so I have food for a few days. I love to always have some healthy food close by in case I suddenly get super hungry! It's so much easier to stay healthy when you are prepared. I like to say: "prepare for success or prepare for failure". By failing to prepare, you actually set yourself up for failure.. So if your goal is to get fit or to eat healthier, meal prepping is a good idea!
I hope you liked the recipe and leave a comment if you want me to continue writing posts like this! I love cooking and I feel like this is a good place to share my creations from the kitchen. Let me know what you think!